Cycling in India is gaining popularity day by day. With an ever growing market that showcases some of the best brands in our country, the demand for an enhanced cycling experience is increasing.
As a majority of people are indulge in biking, there is a high demand for apps that enable riders to experience smooth routines. These cycling apps feature some of the most important features like GPS, distance covered, speed, pace, etc. So if you enjoy going on an #EverydayAdventure, you should check out these apps!
Strava is one of the most popular apps for GPS-tracked cycling. It offers a range of handy ride logging functions which get uploaded on your Strava profile. This app keeps track of your rides in terms of the distance you’ve covered, your speed and the locations you have cycled to. At the end of your ride, you can even check other statistics about your ride like the number of calories you burned, elevation of your activity, etc. As an addition, it also shows if you have set new records while riding.
- Powered with great social and competitive features.
- Provides you with heart rate suffer score, power zone etc.
- You can track your elevation and calories burned.
- Enables one to ‘follow’ other athletes, which shows their recent activities in your feed.
- Can also connect to Instagram.
- Strava records the elapsed time but doesn’t post it.
- Rides and routes are public by default.
- Additional features are paid.
- Does not integrate music with your workout.
2. Dailymile cycling app:
This app is suitable for all types of cycling, be it daily commuting or mountain trailing. This app gives you real-time statistics like speed, distance covered, average, etc. It also allows syncing of other devices such as Fitbit, Timex, Garmin, Polar, Nike+, and a few more.
- Provides detailed nutrition, food, diet, and weight tracking.
- Enables social media sharing.
- Syncs data online.
- Inbuilt auto-pause that stops recording elapsed time.
- Has embedded maps to help plan routes better.
- Additional features are paid.
- The user cannot compare their performance with their previous performances or others.
3. Mapmyride cycling app:
This app follows built-in GPS technology from your phone and marks out routes with interactive map records. It allows you to view essentials like duration of your ride, distance covered, speed, pace and elevation. After every ride, the app compiles all the data and auto-updates it to MapMYRIDE.com on which you can view your route, workout data and history.
- The app is user-friendly.
- Saves user data on their website profile.
- Has a feature that enables the user to count calories consumed and burned.
- Some features require a paid, pro account as parts of data is available through web accounts only, which is not available on iPhone.
- Does not summarize daily, weekly, monthly totals automatically.
4. ENDOMONDO cycling app:
This app can measure several activities besides cycling and running. It comes with unique features like ‘news feed’ that updates you on your friends' workouts. It also allows you to comment on their activity. It allows you to navigate and map your route, view your and your friends’ history so you can break previous records. You can also share your routines on social media like Google+ or Facebook.
- It is user-friendly.
- It is powered by Google maps which makes it precise.
- Enables audio feedback regularly.
- Has unique features like tagging, uploading photos, auto-pause, customizable home screen, etc.
- Tracks heart rate (compatible with BTLE, BT and ANT+ heart rate monitors).
- Limits users to certain data sets and workout track records.
If cycling is one of your favourite activities, you would definitely love such apps. Go ahead and get the app the suits your requirements the best! Happy Cycling!