Our exciting and wide range of urban bikes will have you cruising through the city effortlessly. Whether for recreational purposes or for beating the annoying traffic that plagues our everyday life, Firefox has something for everyone.
Words like frame geometry, suspension, and brake systems will constantly pop up on your search along with in-depth descriptions as to why they’re important. If all this is leaving you a tad bit confused or you’re simply new at venturing into the world of city commuter bikes, we have the perfect guide to help you choose the one suited for your needs.
1. Frame size and geometry: The most important aspect while choosing city bikes is finding the perfect “fit” and this is where frame geometry comes in. Not only does it make cycling a whole lot more comfortable but also safer as the wrong frame size can leave you injured. For those of you that enjoy a more relaxed and slow ride, a shorter frame with taller handlebars will let you sit upright. However, for a speedier and ride, the ‘bent’ frame would suit you better. To measure your size correctly, stand over the frame (off the seat) without the top tube touching your inseam. (with at least 2 inches of clearance).Measure the bike from the top tube to the ground. If this measurement is shorter than your inseam length, then the frame size is right for you. Apart from this, decide on how upright you would want to sit and a good judge of this by taking a look at the handlebar and seat positions.
2. Steel Vs. Aluminum: When it comes to picking good bikes for city commuting, steel is the better option. While aluminum may be lighter, steel is much stronger and will absorb many of the road bumps along your way. So for better security, opt for the shockproof nature that still will lend to your bike, making it less prone to crack or wearing off as seen in carbon and aluminum.
3. Decide on a budget: It’s no surprise that a good bike will cost you. At the same time, setting a budget as to how much you’d like to spend will let you narrow down amongst the options you have. The lower range usually starts from around Rs.10,000 which equips you with a basic yet functional metal frame body while the higher models can go up to Rs. 50,000 + with lightweight alloy bodies and quick responsive shifting for a better balance & performance. Let your budget be flexible in order to accommodate affordability without compromising on safety and comfort.
4. Effective brake systems: The most common braking systems you’ll come across are:
5. A bike that defines you: Last but not the least it, on your quest for choosing the ideal type of bike for commuting in city, you will want it to reflect your inner self letting it shine through. Be it quirky, creative or somber, let your city bike be an extension of your personality. And luckily, Firefox lets you do just that with its extensive range of vibrant and suave bikes to choose from.
So hop on and take a ride- the urban style, with Firefox!